Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, October 13, 2022

I guess season isn't over?

 For the past few days, the weather people have been threatening rain, "even though" "rainy season is over". 

Sunday evening we had enough rain that the street flooded. Again. I didn't know if I'd make it to work Monday, if it kept coming down. 

I got to work Monday, fine because it dried up. Only part I had to drive around was closer to the office.

It stayed relatively dry Monday and Tuesday for the forecast saying we were getting rain. 

Wednesday, the sky opened up. I ended up leaving an hour early (to which I need to make up today and tomorrow) and got home with no major complex flooding... for the most part. 

As soon as I stepped out of the office to my car, the black sky in the distance was sure proof I was going to be in for a wet ride home. 

Sure enough, not five minutes into my leaving, big rain drops started leaving their residue on my windshield. I get to the intersection I hate, and it starts getting harder. Take my left, and now the water is faster. Keep driving, and I am turning the wipers on another click. By the time I got to the college intersection, there were decent puddles forming in the roads and I felt like I was going through a car wash without the soap and cleaning cloths.

It doesn't help that the college intersection lights were down. Of all the drive to that point, I made it through either by sitting at a red light or going on a green. The college was where it became a 4 way and was tricky because of the rain (at least for me). I did see some near misses with the cars, but I went when the 2 cars next to me went. I wasn't going to sit there for too long because you sometimes don't know what other people are thinking and if you wait forever to go, those around you start getting angrier than normal. 

Surprisingly, that was the only place I hit downed power. I was able to make it home in one dry piece, but when I pulled up to my complex, I noticed the next light was blinking yellow on all the light. Which most likely means they lost electricity there, because the lights were normal in the morning. 

I got into the community, slowly made my way to my house and it the little rivers were starting to form in the street gutters. The walkway leading form the driveway to the front door was totally a mini river - at least 4 inches continually moving around. 

I went in the house via the garage because we're having tiny frog problems again, and I didn't want anyone following me in that didn't belong in our unit.

Where the weather apps are saying  there's an 80% chance of rain today - "thunderstorms possible after 1pm", I need to again watch what I'm doing. The lightning yesterday was terrible and I don't want to get stuck in a flooded work parking lot, as well as risk driving through flooded streets / no powered intersections to get home. 

So I will end this here and get ready for work - head in early! 


Wish me luck!!


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!