Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Come on knock on my window...

Try to get the Three's Company theme out of your head, now that I rearranged it to suit my need (for the moment). 

This morning I was making my smoothie for breakfast and went into the pantry cabinet to get my vitamins. It is the same cabinet that's next to a window in our kitchen area, where I took pictures of the frog from the hurricane and also any shenanigans from across the street (the roofers, birds on street lamps). 

When I looked out at the AC unit, there was quite the large gecko, just taking in the sun. My mother joked that its father must have been an iguana and its mother a gecko, purely based on size and bumps along its back. There must be from frog genetics in it too, as the back legs were a little more on the amphibian swimmer side than what we're used to seeing with any baby dinosaur. 

To capture the photos, WYSIWYG. I did sharpen them and edited two down to scale a bit. Added my name. All shot with a Canon EOS Rebel T7i and edited in Photoshop. The video was edited in Pinnacle Studio, with the audio part of the Pinnacle package (it's "Ambient / High Energy / Over the Edge"). No edits to the video, except adding my name and music. 

I know some of the photos look similar, but I just thought it was so interesting that this guy made it a point to climb up the AC Unit, get enough warm to do some dancing and throat calling, and then stare right at me towards the end. He even left a present after he left. 

Thanks?






















After all this, I guess it proves there's no escaping nature in Florida, as things grow a little wild down here. Some of the geckos are teeny tiny while others seem to be gigantic. Which is not to be confused with the real iguanas that hang out in the trees and fall during cold spells (Google it, you'll see what I'm talking about). Or, the one that scared the tar out of me and a co-worker one day and we ended up talking to it with a tire of our golf cart (long story). How about the tree frogs that seemingly come out during hurricanes and hang out on our storm shutters? 

Too many things to point out and talk about. It definitely makes for interesting photos but I certainly can't capture all of them. So for now, I'll leave the 34 plus video here, and keep updating with more animals when I can. 

So for now, enjoy the view, stay hydrated and hope all my New England friends are okay from yesterday's deluge!

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!