Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, July 14, 2023

One of the differences between the Pauls is evident in...

 ... listening to the 1 album. 

More importantly, listen to Eleanor Rigby and Penny Lane, as they are both back to back. The former is the last song James Paul wrote and the latter is the first song the New Paul wrote. It doesn't help that Eleanor is track 16 and Penny is track 17. 

What's the difference? When Old Paul sings, he's more nasal and throaty. Billy sings more naturally. And he's not a native Liverpudlian, so he pronounces things better, due to being more educated. 



Okay, I'm circling the PID wagon, but I'm currently 36 or 37 (maybe 38? the notes are in my car) chapters in to The Memoirs of Billy Shears: The Nine After 9-09 Edition audiobook. All crazy aside, I'm actually learning some interesting "facts" about the Beatles recordings. Why some songs were made and what other bands were doing parallel to the Fab Four. 

My page of questions for Tay is getting longer, but I'll be damned if I can remember it as I'm not writing it all down. Which is why I need to finish the 15 hours as is and then pay more attention with pen and paper. 



Which brings me to why I'm writing. 

What would my mother do if I wasn't home???

She'd deal with shitty Hotwire and not watch TV. That's what she would do. 

Or pay the $50 for a tech to come out and do what I did in half an hour. 



This morning, I'm trying to get my smoothie made so I can drink it, check my email, take a shower and get to work. I've got everything in the blender Ninja ready to start mixing mode, and she's trying to get the television to work. 

The Vizio is working, but the TiVo is not. 

My hands are sticky from the frozen fruit and she's kicking up a storm because none of the buttons on the remote are going her way.

I wash my hands, dry them, and go into the next room. Leave everything in the kitchen as is. It's 6:35am at this point. 

She gives me the remote. There are some messages on the screen. I can't back out of them without a message running into another. Things are circling. 

I manually reboot the box and that doesn't do much. 

One of the things I can do... is delete all the prerecorded shows we had filling up the internal memory of the recorder. 

Over 15 minutes later, we go from 70% to 0% full. 

But the screen tells us there's a problem connecting to the Hotwire streaming stuff.






Which boggles me. If we can get in to the device settings and delete recorded shows, why can't this thing connect to live TV? 

I went back into settings and decided to try disconnecting the Internet. Hey, it works on the phones, right?

Especially since the next message was talking about needing to be connected to the home network (which we were) to stream (live) shows. 





By the way, Hotwire is such a con job, that 833 number doesn't directly list as Hotwire when you try to Google it. If you type it with no dashes, the first hit on the page is from a Dallas article, where the FBI is warning about phone scams. With dashes, it goes to a Hotwire Community called Seabreeze. 

I'm not in Seabreeze. I'm in Fort Myers. 

So I get in to the networks setting page and tell the TiVo to forget my network. I give it a second and it tells me I'm not connected to the internet. I let the page refresh and my frozen stuff is already soup at this point. It's 7am.

Once loaded, I scroll to the home network, log in with the password, press okay.

Et voilà; the news is on! Go have your breakfast at the table, ma, and listen to what the local shenanigans are happening today.  

I need to finish making my room temperature drink and do what I wanted to, 45 minutes ago. 


You're welcome. 





And to think, she didn't have the talking screen on for much longer after I fixed it for her... she wanted to get ready to go to the pool.... 



Much like I want to get ready for bed. Have a good night, kids! 


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!