Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Who's gonna drive you home tonight?

This morning was one of those mornings I woke up with a song on repeat in my head. 

Today was The Cars Drive off their Heartbeat City album. 

I don't know why the "Who's gonna drive you home tonight?" lyric was stuck in my brain, but it was circling around an empty space for half an hour. 

Maybe it is due to the fact I didn't get to sleep until after 11 last night. 
Maybe it is due to the fact it is currently 85° but feels like 97° and it's a little after 9 in the morning.

All these other "maybe" questions and I can't even give a suppose (because I've got loads of supposes... I quote the conversation in Some Like It Hot every chance I get and no one understands the reference. 

Watch the movie. It's within the first 10 minutes. Well worth watching the film in its entirety before it gets banned in America for use of cross dressing. 

For those who are unfamiliar and think I'm talking about something bad, the Some Like It Hot synopsis on Amazon states:

"Billy Wilder's 1959 comedy classic with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon as '20s musicians who hide from the mob--as women in an all-girl band."

While the first thing in Google is a little more detail:
"After witnessing a Mafia murder, slick saxophone player Joe (Tony Curtis) and his long-suffering buddy, Jerry (Jack Lemmon), improvise a quick plan to escape from Chicago with their lives. Disguising themselves as women, they join an all-female jazz band and hop a train bound for sunny Florida. While Joe pretends to be a millionaire to win the band's sexy singer, Sugar (Marilyn Monroe), Jerry finds himself pursued by a real millionaire (Joe E. Brown) as things heat up and the mobsters close in."

In other words, it's a comedic mob movie with big name actors. 

It's worth the laugh. I even saw the musical in Boston 20 years ago, and Tony Curtis actually performed in it (in the Joe E Brown role). That was really cool

So I listened to (and finished) The Commonwealth podcast on Friday. 

It's only 10 episodes and they're all under 10 minutes. Went by a little quickly. 

Amazon's synopsis:
"The Commonwealth​ is a short-form podcast about the folklore and myth surrounding Massachusetts history. Whether looking at mythical creatures, tragic and mysterious events, or locations better left unbothered, this show is sure to give a few minutes of backstory that can’t be forgotten for a lifetime."

The challenge I had with it, was that some of the stories are ones I've heard before. They're "supernatural" enough to have had people talk about it on Into The Fray.

For example, there was an episode from 2016 about the Bridgewater Triangle. Having lived within the limits of what they consider this paranormal area, I never knew about it until I heard the podcast (in 2019.. I was late to the game). I spent 28 years of my life in Brockton and never knew about the Bridgewater Triangle. I knew I had my own crazy going on in my back yard. I didn't know what was in the next town over. But, now that I think of it, maybe it's all connected?

Anyway, The Commonwealth podcast covers this too, even though they give a 5 minute breakdown, versus Shannon LeGro and company give it over an hour. 

There's quite a few things on Amazon about it too, so it's worth the time to watch everything if you're a history (How Massachusetts was split up with the Native lands and who was involved in local wars) plus a supernatural person (voodoo hoodoo type stuff hexed on those who did the Natives wrong / Seeing paranormal things that shouldn't exist [according to some people].. like Bigfoot and Thunderbirds).

I'm all over the place this morning, apparently. Which means I should cut it off here before I get any more off topic. 

Stay cool and hydrated.. it's going to be another sweltering week.


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!