Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, December 20, 2010

I got a little bored...

We bought a new lamp this weekend because the one we had in our living room was kind of broken. The turny knob thing didn't click right, so instead of throwing out the whole lamp, my mother bought a kit for me to fix the knob. I was able to make the lamp like new, but now we had an extra base that still worked. Instead of throwing it out, I got bored today. I hot wired the base to a computer cable (you know... the cable that goes from a desktop monitor to a power supply).

What I got was the following:




I got a free pair of eye goggles from a warehouse last weekend. Instructions / precautions came with the glasses. Front and back was French and Spanish, but no English caution sheet. Here's what it looks like:






Right on. So stripping away the end of the cable, I hooked the light base thing to the cable and taped the wires down. I need to go to a warehouse this week and get a metal base for the turn screw to turn the light on before I do anything else because I shocked myself after taking the following pictures. Needless to say, I don't have any pictures of what things looked like before. I'm sure you creative lot can figure out the step by step instructions. But here's what it looks like today:


 



Now it's just a matter of finding a job (and the casing for the turn knob... exposed wires and all)....


Cheers,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!