Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Tonight!

All of a sudden, I get just a blip of a lyric in my head. I swear it's an old song from the 60s, but finding a video with just the lyric "Tonight.... tonight", I think it's The Smashing Pumpkins' Tonight, Tonight. (off the Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness album).

The more I searched, I realised how I used to love New Kids On The Block, and I found their version. Tonight was the song we bopped our heads to in the early nineties because we didn't know any better. The meaning just went in one ear and out the other. Hey, this is my generation's boy band. We 8-12 year olds didn't know the difference. Plus, can your 12 year old to the dance to The Right Stuff? What about Hangin' Tough? No, they're doing the bloody Harlem Shake (the 2013 version)! (and yes, I admit, I know a little more about my generation then I care to attest to... That doesn't mean I don't appreciate each decade's wonders...)

Although I still want to find out which song I'm thinking of, I am very reminiscent of NKOTB right now. I saw a few months ago, they were setting up a new tour with Boyz II Men and 98°. I don't know how that's gone off, but wow, brings back old memories...

Note to self: Look for the New Kids beach towel and upload it....



Further musical listening:
Smashing Pumpkins



Cheers;





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!