Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Whistling "Silver Bells" during a Sugar High

... and it's the middle of April!

I picked up a packet of "Bubblegum Frappe" mix this morning at one of the local big box retailers. It was on sale (90 cents) and I figured "what the hell". Other flavors ("Cinnamon Roll" and "Cotton Candy") listed for $1.24 and a single box of six (coffee versions) were two dollars and change. 



I know.. I know... there's way too much damn sugar and calories in this thing. 


AND Amazon is selling a 4 pack for way too much ($14.80). 

However, after following the directions, I made the packet... with milk. It tastes and smells like a frozen piece of Bazooka Gum. No, there's no worry about breaking your teeth because you bit into the little pink brick, but if you're concerned over cavities, the sweetness will definitely help ruin your forming hole. 

Either way, it was interesting. I have to say this is not something I'd be looking to make every day, but would contemplate buying the other flavors, just to see if they're just as memorable as this one. It would turn into a bad habit and bad health decision if I opted for one of these mixes on a weekly basis! Say goodbye to my coffee addiction and hello to my sugar high! 


Bzzzzzzzzzzz ... Fwah!



Cheers;

 






See also (aka music reference in title):

See also (aka "memories of my youth"):
I remember always being able to buy 2 pieces of this Kosher version when we went to "The Butcherie II" when I was younger (sadly, it's closed and under new management / a name):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!