Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, May 17, 2021

Age of advertisements

Well... since I did a such a great job yesterday showing my age, the fat kid in me is going to one up the mumble rap game today

At lunch, I did something different. 

Where I normally have some sort of canned (carbonated / flavored) water, I decided to have a can of (regular) Sprite with my Cup Noodles soup. 

What's wrong with this, you ask? 

Besides knowing I was about to have enough sodium in two cups at lunch, I spent my entire walk from my office to the room I eat in, "singing" a Sprite TV advertisement from 1993.

It was the year that Daddy Mac and Mac Daddy... with their backwards clothes and love for making youth wanna jump... decided to make another name for themselves outside of the hit singles that dropped a year earlier.

Yup. A can of regular cola made me reminisce about Kris Kross and their cashing in on a thirty second hip hop jingle while they popped themselves out of a rounded piece of aluminum and then a bouncing car.

Google the video. I'll wait. It'll take you 30 seconds to find the video and then another 30 to watch it.


Okay.. wanna share a crazy crazy twist of unexpectedness?

Word - so drink up drink up. It's what you gotta do. 

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!