Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, May 27, 2021

"It's only forever..."

 "... but not long at all..."

Usually my phone wakes me up during the week. 

Since getting a smartphone, I've used the thing as my morning alarm clock, even though it took me a solid year to forgo the standard radio alarm clock I've been using for over 2 decades. I would set my radio's alarm a minute after the phone, in case my phone failed. It honestly took over a year to stop doing that. 

Even now, I often catch myself questioning whether or not I should set it. 

But, the challenge is, the radio doesn't get a lot of stations in clearly. When it does, it's not a station I want (clear stations seem to be religious, country or Spanish. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those stations, it just not one of those I'd like to wake up to).

So I rely solely on the phone. 

With my current job, I've got an alarm set for 6am, and since 2016, I've been using the same song to wake me up.  I've edited a song (Angelo) by Francesco Renga to play a specific verse:

Parole vane al vento
Ti accorgi in un momento:
Siamo soli, è questa la realtà
Ed è una paura che non passa mai


Yes, I listen to random Italian singers. Although I'm not a fan of the more popular musicians (Bocelli, etc), I do like some of the pop + rockers. Ones not mainstream in the US. 

These are songs, in part, allow me to learn Italian when I'm not listening to a specific conversational learning podcast about speaking the language. I'm not fluent nor do I have the skill set yet to have a very basic conversation, but I am understanding enough to be able to answer in English. 

It's all in how I utilize my time during the week at work. Luckily I can plug in and listen to podcasts while doing setups. Although I'm still trying to catch up with Into The Fray, so all other subscriptions are on hold. 

Anyway, this morning, instead of waking up at 6, I woke up at 5:30. 

To a song in my head.

What was it? 

A couple lines from Underground, off the Labyrinth Soundtrack. I haven't listened to that soundtrack in months, nor have I seen the movie lately. It just happened to be the thing that woke me up this morning because it started playing in my head for some strange reason. 

I can't explain it. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, with a random 1950s or 1960s song in my head. This morning I wake up half an hour earlier than I want, to a soundtrack song from 1986. 

It makes me wonder what my day is going to be like, if this happened. 

Guess I'll find out soon, because I need to get ready for work now.

Until I figure this out... stay hydrated and cool.

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!