Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Nature excursions with a cup of coffee

This week was an interesting week to find animals out and about at work.

It is another lost (and missed) opportunity for my Canon DSLR camera. Unfortunately, I had to take everything on the iPhone 11, where I would have preferred my T7i. 

Thursday started the adventures with a cat. 

A feral, hungry, lost cast. 

I got to work, parked my car, and heard meowing. I look in the direction the sound was coming from, and I see an orangey beige cat laying on the sidewalk, waiting for someone to bring it some food. Knowing one of the girls in the cafe inside has previously fed this animal, I went inside to find the person. I saw one of her co-workers and said "[person's name]'s cat is crying outside". The co-worker went to find the woman and said "your cat is hungry. It's crying outside". So the person grabbed a bag of kitty food and off we went - I showed the woman where I found the cat, but it had walked into the bushes and was hiding. 

So the woman was meowing for the cat to come out.. meow... meow... next thing we know, the cat comes out of its secure spot in the parking lot, because it's answering the call. 

The woman puts some food on a corner of the sidewalk and tries to get the cat to come over. It wanted nothing to do with the both of us - it was probably worried we'd do something to it. So a handful of treats on the sidewalk and we start walking away. We watched it to make sure it ate, and sure enough, it gobbled the food down like it was going out of style. 

We walked back into the building and left the cat alone.








That afternoon, while putting some items back in the (outside) storage, I found a gecko. He was just hanging out on a wire pegboard. 

I quite literally stumbled on the lizard as I had been in the corner of the space, putting some chairs back. It was big enough to catch my eye, but small enough that you have to do a double take. It stayed on the pegboard for most of the time I had my phone out.










Friday, I had to pick some chairs up in one of the outdoor bocce courts, and as I was moving around in my golf cart, what do I see? An osprey. 

This is the second time I've seen this guy in the past couple months. I really wish I had a better camera, as I ended up having to use the zoom on my phone "to get a look at it". 

I didn't want to get too close because I didn't want to scare the guy and I didn't want to get attacked. But it was interesting to watch him watch me for a second.


















Today, my mom decided to use her Bodum Bean Sustainable French Press Coffee Maker. She's been using it for about a week now, and is thoroughly enjoying it. 

She used to have a French Press but something happened to it over the years, so she wanted a new one. I heard stories on how there were places she would go, and the restaurant offered table side coffee at the end of the meal. You'd get your own little carafe set in front of you, and the waitstaff would do the pressing and such. It was a big to-do. Almost like how you go to a Mexican restaurant, order table side guacamole, and they whip it up right next to you. 

So, twenty bucks well spent on this coffee contraption, as she's making enough coffee a day, that she has a hot brew immediately (well, 4 minutes later) and saves the rest for ice coffee for another moment of the day. 









Again, all photos taken on an iPhone 11. Only editing I have done was to put my name on each picture and sharpen up the bird pictures. 


Until I figure out how to carry my Canon with me at work...



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!