Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, May 16, 2021

What's my age again?

I'm not looking for Blink-182 to run down Los Angeles streets with nothing on but tattoos, tube socks and low top sneakers. But I did have a bit of a 1990's moment yesterday. 

All of a sudden, my head went to 1993 and I (internally) started singing two lines... "Informer! Badahahdhahahddh baaaaaa. A licky boom boom down!" 

Okay. Not the lyrics. But we've all been there with that song. Everyone knows bits and pieces and is probably ashamed to admit it's an ear worm after a while. Those who don't know it.. well... I'm sure you're about 10-15 years younger than me, if not more, so I'll forgive you this time. Those who know the Jim Carrey spoof, spot on for you. Thems were the days for proper video parodies. Haha. 

I ended up watching mid90s last night because it was on Showtime, and to keep with the theme of the day. Jonah Hill's directorial debut, it summed up the 90s skater generation to a point, but failed on other aspects. Honestly, it was kind of crap because it didn't have a real solid push to keep the movie going. I kept getting tempted to turn it off. I mean, the acting and the skating were there, but it felt dead inside as well. I don't know how to explain it, but the trailer and synopsis made it look and sound better. Hill needs to stick to comedy, I think, although some of his funny movies don't make it either. I'd probably give this movie 3 out of 5 for nostalgia but 2 out of 5 as a whole. 


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!