Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Bad lighting

So apparently, when I looked into the tub of the Purely Inspired Organic Protein Powder the other day, I didn't see the color of the powder correctly. Whatever shadow was hanging over me in the corner of the kitchen, I thought the drinks would turn out green. 

When I started scooping the powder out on Monday, it actually is a beige color. Kind of threw me for a loop because I was expecting a grass looking drink, when instead, I made a cream looking drink. 

However, this thing is far from grassy as well as far from creamy. 

It doesn't taste like what I thought it would. When I originally smelled it, I thought of the other types of (fresher) plant based green drinks and how it would be a liquefied lawn. Nope. Doesn't taste like fresh cut front yardage. Doesn't even taste like vanilla, as advertised on the bottle. 

It tastes gritty. Like, no matter if I put 3 ice cubes in the blender with it (plus the coconut water) or 30 ice cubes in the blender, it's got some weird texture that is also prohibiting the ice to fully crush. Which makes it worse... the ice usually gets smoothed out enough when I blend it on certain speeds and types that I don't notice any bumps or spots or anything else. 

Not with this powder. The ice crushes to a snow cone kind of chunking. But as the ice melts and leaves more liquid, it still tastes sandy. It's also leaving grit in the cup as I drink it. I'll stir it as I drink, but the closer I get to the bottom, the more it looks like I didn't fully mix this drink. There's powder residue along the sides of the glass (I use Ball Regular Mouth Mason Jars with Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces for my drinks). I've not noticed that before with other powders. 

There's just a hint of vanilla in this thing, and the rest of it is a sweet stevia taste. I've had stevia in other drinks before, including hot coffee and that Vega Protein & Energy, Plant Based Coffee Protein Powder, Cold Brew Coffee I was drinking for a couple months. Yet, sometimes, in the hot coffee it tastes slightly chemical but the Vega powder didn't. This Purely Inspired does taste chemically induced in every sip and I think it's the stevia. It's slight enough that it can be a bit over powering under the circumstances. It's not creating a horrendous after taste, but it does seem to linger for a few seconds after each sip. Even having added some yogurt to it, it still tastes weird. I don't know what else to put in it, to tone it down without counteracting the whole idea of having this drink.

All in all, I don't think I'm getting this powder again. I'm going to make the attempt to finish it, but lesson learned with this one. I'm beginning to think I should stick to the ones I've had better luck with, and not try anything else.

Especially since the last couple days, by 10:30 in the morning, I've been like Rolly.



And I've not even been running around enough to warrant being hungry to the point I feel like I've not eaten in two days. I can't even explain it, but I'm used to not eating until noon. Yet the last couple days, I'm looking for a snack before 11am. It's weird.

Anyway, time to go to work.


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!