Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, July 19, 2021

All right, I take it back..

 Whatever proprietary chemical compounds are in that Vega mix, I totally can not have.

After trying (twice... no less) the Vega Protein & Energy, Cold Brew Coffee, Plant Based Coffee Protein Powder and getting sick, I thought it was just too much coffee in the mix or at the very least, it was the added MCT Oil. I had researched it after the fact and saw other people were having similar side effects - cramping, bloating, the runs... It has to be whatever is in that tub, making people have problems. 

Don't get me wrong, the taste was there - it was smooth and cold and had just the right coffee kick in taste, you didn't end up getting coffee breath afterwards. But in both trials of using it, seven to ten days into drinking it, I wasn't feeling so hot. I chopped it up to it being a normal part of the routine. You've got to go through weirdness to get your body on the right track. 

Well, I was wrong. Especially since it happened in multiple instances and to other people... those who have been on protein diets for years. Me being new and using it as a breakfast substitute is piddly change compared to those who live their life around clean eating. 

When I dumbly bought the Vega One All-In-One Nutritional Shake (Chocolate) last week, I thought it would be different. Like I said, maybe it was the combination of extra caffeine and the MCT Oil that did me in. 

Guess what... yesterday I got the same reaction as I did with the Cold Brew. After seven days of consuming this (my normal routine of coconut water, powder, yogurt, ice. Blender), I spent part of my day yesterday watching the paint dry in my bathroom. 

And my bathroom was painted six months ago. 

I wish I knew what exactly was in this, that keeps making me have reactions to it. I mean, I've been taking other protein drinks and not having problems. 

Hell, I even had someone go out and try the Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein + Superfoods Powder, Vanilla Bean because her husband needs to take extra powder because he recently had surgery and his doctor recommended other protein drinks. I swear... after buying two bottles and having no ill effects, I'm going to be buying it again. Even though it tastes like apple pie and not vanilla bean.

I've also had Nature's Bounty Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix - no problems, and I buy this every time CVS has it as BOGO. Which means there can be up to 4 tubs in my cabinet at a time, every month. 

I've had Amazing Grass Green Superfood once. Only once because I wasn't keen on the flavor profile. I had to force myself to finish the tub.

Another powder I wasn't inspired by, was Purely Inspired Organic Protein Powder. It fell so far off my radar, I've forgotten I've taken it.

I have been to a bulk superstore near Sarasota and they sell pea protein and other powders by the pound. Not having nutritional information for those, let alone a brand name, all I can say is the little baby scoops I took (way under a pound... since the total cost of each bag was under $1 instead of the $6+ lb), I had no problems with those either. 

So again, it proves "do your research" and "don't be a moron" and buy a product continually knowing it's going to make you sick. 

For those looking to invest in meal replacements, cleaner living, or trying something new: Vega is one brand I can personally say "don't buy it".


Stay hydrated.

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!