Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, July 31, 2021

I touched the rains down in Florida.....

Okay, so I'm not Toto singing about Africa

But with rain in Florida, comes froggies. 

Sometimes little baby (translucent, even) frogs. 

Case in point:

Twice this week we had randomly unexpected rain in the mornings. Normally in the summer months, you can set a watch by the 4pm showers. Someone, somewhere, decided to do us dirty and bring blanketed rain across the area by 8am. 

So what happens? All the little bugs, insects, amphibians, puddle dwellers... come out to play earlier than normal.

Therefore, while I was doing my rounds at work, I got to pass a wall of windows at one point in my travels and counted up to 8 little tiny frogs clinging to the glass. 

Which I made use of, with my fruit phone. I wish I had my Canon, but as per usual, I can't bring it to work. So out comes the 11 and try as I might to focus, WYSIWYG with the photos. 

All I did for editing was add my name.




























It's been weird to see so many of these small jumpers, especially when they are so far from the main level of the building. The area I found them in, was the second floor / roof top cut through to another building. 

The way our commons area is set up, is there is a lobby area. From that level, you go straight to two restaurant options, or, go left or right to the end of a hallway. A set of elevators on each end takes you either down a flight to the first floor parking garage or up to the resident floors. You can also take a mini elevator in the lobby to the second floor of the commons, which houses a couple offices and some event rooms. From this second floor access area, you can go down one of two hallways and cut across a roof top. Open the door to the next building and you're on what they call the "first floor" of that apartment complex. 

So... I took the frog pictures on my way to this roof access area. 

If that all makes sense.

One thing that doesn't make sense .. in a way... is I'm back to my deodorant problem.

I finished the Native sticks I had, and am now using Tom's. I wrote several months ago that I bought Tom's of Maine Unscented Deodorant and I was going to give it a try when I finished whatever brand I was using. Well, 2 or 3 sticks later, I finally gave it a whirl. 

I don't know if it's partially due to the new recent spike in humidity here (it's been 100-110 every day for over a month) or my trying the more oil infused pit stick, but the unscented stick didn't really help. I think it's the added lemongrass oil that is making my arm pits react funny to the humidity, as when I put it on, my arms are dry. The stick slides on as if it's wet and through out the day, I don't feel as dry as I did when I toweled off. Yes, the 108 degree humidity isn't helping, nor is wearing a white undershirt under my work shirt, but I thought the premise of these things were to make you keep feeling (and smelling) clean? 

So I gave up on the unscented stick. I actually spent a few days just using the Walmart version of Gold Bond Medicated Talc-Free Extra Strength Body Powder 10 oz, Cooling, Absorbing & Itch Relief. Let everything air out and heal. Made me a little self conscious because you know when you sweat a lot from working out or sweat a lot in general because of the heat... you start smelling not so fresh. Even though one of my co-workers said she doesn't think I smell, I can smell me. It's not pretty. 

Well, the last couple days I started using the Tom's of Maine Natural Strength Fresh Coconut Deodorant. Yes, even after a while of not using it and starting over, I smell like a patchouli farm. I even had my mother smell the stick. I said "smell this" and put the open Tom's by her nose. First thing she says was "it smells like patchouli... I love patchouli". I said "wrong. It's labeled "fresh coconut". This is the same smell I got the last time when I said I smell like a hippy". I had her smell my pits. She said I smell like patchouli. I guess I'm a dirty hippy. 

But hey, if it works, I'd rather be lumped in the "alls fair in love not war" mantra of giving peace a chance group than fighting for my right to bear arms. 

Yes, guns are necessary but not in the way society is going. But that's another topic for another day.

Therefore, I'll give the coconutted patchouli another go, and wonder what the sage will smell like when I start it. Hopefully the humidity goes away soon and I don't have to worry about my arm pits having heat rash mixed with essential oils reactions for a few more months. 

Until then... maybe I should think about taking one of those allergy tests to show what really is my problem and how to avoid it. 

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!