Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, July 17, 2021

There's a big bird outside the kitchen window!!

Well.. my mother got her first taste of seeing a red shoulder hawk this morning. 

I had just gotten out of the shower and had opened my bathroom door to get something out of my room, when my mother came down the hall to say "there's a big bird outside the kitchen window". I said "what?" and she repeated "there's a bird outside the back window". 

So I finished getting dressed (had to put on my pants, after all, since I had my shirt and underwear on) and I went into the kitchen to see what she was gawking at. 

Lo and behold, there's a rather medium sized bird sitting on the wall, just chillin'. 

I told her it's a red shoulder hawk and to watch it some more. I'm gonna get my camera. 

Get in my room, grab my Canon EOS Rebel T7i camera plus the 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens, and off I went to take photos of the bird.

WYSIWYG because I wasn't about to fuss with a tripod or any specific setting. I didn't know how long the hawk was going to be sitting around. So I took a few photos with the "flash off" setting and a few on "auto". Mixed and matched with Auto Focus and Manual Focus. Threw the photos in Photoshop, did a slight auto correction for color and sharpness, added my name and now they are here online. I know a few came out pretty bad (dark), but I'm now working an an 8 year old HP laptop and still not a dedicated graphical design computer. It is what it is. 

Plus... I wasn't about to go outside and ask for a more private photo shoot. I had to deal with the sun in areas and my dark kitchen. Meh. Least I got something...





















I bought Vega One All-In-One Nutritional Shake - Chocolate last week at Ollie's, as evident by the price sticker (seeing how Amazon has it for $29.55). 
























I have been using it this week with either a cup of frozen blueberries or one frozen banana as my ice source (plus half a cup of ice) with the Kirkland Organic Coconut Water as the liquid. Also have been putting some plain yogurt in it to smooth things over. 

I'm so far not noticing any major side effects to speak of, with the exception that it's not overly chocolate in the flavor department. Maybe because I am putting either fruit in the base or I'm using plain yogurt and it's masking the powder profile, but it's not horrendous. 

This and a cup of coffee in the morning, is my breakfast. 

I did notice, however, something weird. First time I've ever noticed a warning on any of the powders I've consumed... saying there's a silica gel packet in the tub and do not eat it.






Honest truth. 

I've consumed enough powder this year, that I've never seen the gel packages in any product, nor have I ever noticed that warning. 

I don't know if I should be worried about accidently blending it, or relieved there's a non ingestible material within this mix to retain freshness... but if it's there, should I be concerned what the actual ingredient list means?





Hmm...


Until I find out more... 

Stay healthy. 


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!