Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

"We'll build a glass asylum"

 With just a hint of mayhem
David Bowie
Big Brother
Diamond Dogs
1974


I opened the refrigerator this morning to make my smoothie and took the yogurt out. Behind the yogurt was a "crisp apple" flavored bottle of Hint water that my mother had bought. The first thing that came blaring in my head was the "JUST A HINT OF MAYHEM..." from the above referenced db song. I don't know why it popped in my head when I saw the word "hint", but it did. I can't be responsible for things that happen before I've had my breakfast. 

Conversely, I have been milling over a couple things to buy on Amazon for the better part of a month. 

In my cart, I had "saved" Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter because I've been trying to research options of hot to transfer files from a thumb drive to my iPhone without having to use iCloud, email myself or by using any other software. There have been multiple reviews saying people are using this camera adapter for things other than photo transferring. They're plugging in other electronic devices (musical / recording instruments) and quite a few have mentioned USB sticks. I want to try that. I'm tired of being in places where I have access to saving a PDF and have to either email it to myself from a different computer or save it to my little 8gb thumb drive, in order to text the information to someone. If I can carry this adapter with me, it can save me some time. 

I know, I know... I could have bought a thumb drive for iPhone, but the couple ones I looked at (the brand names I trust) looked odd in the travel department. I didn't see how it could hook to my keys in order to carry it around. Yes, it's harder to carry this adapter with me, but I'm really only intending to use it in one place at the moment, and it can stay in my backpack with my phone charger. Plus, I spend some time talking on Skype with a few friends. Maybe I'll try using a USB hub in this and plug in an external microphone and speaker... see how far I can push the limit on a phone I originally only wanted as a phone...

The other thing I had in my cart, only for about a week, has been the UGREEN Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable. The Kindle Fire 7 that I have, doesn't have a micro SD slot to be able to move things to an external card (if needed) and over the weekend I got the "Low on storage" message. I want to see if I can save the books I'm syncing to an external thumb drive from this Kindle and free up space. Then I can plug in the drive any time I want and pull it up. 

Hopefully.

As I haven't started reading any of the books I've downloaded (all free books, by the way. It's a matter of subscribing to book sites and getting email blasts every week, saying what's new / refreshed / on sale / free. I go and get the freebies, and sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get a whole series that has been put on Amazon for a grand total of $0.00. With over 5,000 free titles, the e-reader is pretty full. 

Have I started reading any of those, in order to delete them? Sadly, no. I'm filling the Fire for when the day comes and I empty my shelves of my physical books. I'm a book prepper, in a way. I'm preparing my Kindle Fire 7" (2nd Generation) for the future of my reading. 

Go on, call me crazy. Tell me I'm being weird for "hoarding" and not reading everything. 

I have too many physical books to read at the moment... I'm thinking of myself and my library of stuff in years to come. 

Meanwhile, it's time to go. I've got to get ready for work.

Happy teching.

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!