Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Could you take my picture

As I sit here, debating on what pictures to upload, I am reminded of the 1999 song, Take A Picture by Filter. For some reason, I just had to find it on Youtube and take a listen. I really dig it. It's got nothing remotely related to what I'm thinking about in the Blizzard of 2010 pictures, but it's a good start; a theme to keep rolling through out my snow filled folder.





I implore you to take a gander at a live performance:







So... on to other news. Pictures from yesterday. Out and about in my yard. Doesn't begin to emote the feelings and ways in which this could have been worse. It's pretty, but we scaved off clean compared to New Jersey (Elizabeth checked in at 30 odd inches) and New York (Central Park's homeless got about 28 inches or so). Luckily, Brockton got 22, but that is including the thundersnow we recieved as well. For those who are not in the know, thundersnow can be summed up as: An isolated thunderstorm mixed inside a snow storm. This can bring anywhere from 3 to 6 more inches of snow, just in that one area. Think of it as The Day After Tomorrow meets a hell of a lot less accumulation and worry. Trust me; this isn't the first time Brocktonia has gotten thundersnow. I remember a few years ago, in a February blizzard, it was thundering and lightening like it was the middle of summer. All I could tell from looking out the window, was a total white out of bad snow, and flashes of light trying to break it up. Claps of thunder made it all surreal. But that's the nature of the Nature Beast. You never know what you're going to get sometimes!

The photos I've uploaded are in no particular order (like my writing style / thought process sometimes). Apologies for the hyperlinks on the right conflicting with the pictures; just click on each picture to open in a new window (to see them bigger) (right click, "open in new window" or "open in new tab").




So without further ado, I bring you my yard!





















the white dot is a plane:

















Cheers,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!