Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Am I the only one?

I dig old music. Things from the "Roaring 20s", throwbacks from the 30s and so forth. The only thing I really don't listen to all the time is rap and religion.  I am not completely against the latter two genres, but I don't feel that they warrant turning my stereo to 11.

That being said, I think I may be the only one that actually giggles at the Tiny Tim rendition of Tiptoe Through The Tulips, the 1929 Al Dubin and Joe Burke song. I've heard Nick Lucas (original recorder) singing it as well, but Tiny Tim cracks me up every time. I think it's that voice that makes it too comical to take seriously. Not that the piece is a real tragedy, mind you. It's just the song that some how gets stuck in my head all day and I can't not help but sing it.





Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!